Friday, December 08, 2006

I Can Only Imagine....

...what it must feel like to be receive a kick in the ribs from an officer of the law as my wake up call..... to arrive at a place of mental illness through combat, sickness, poor diet, or loneliness.... to wash my hands and never get all the grime off..... to be ignored..... to have "responsible folk" form opionions of my work ethic, intelligence, integrity, ingenuity, and worth..... to never receive a Christmas card..... to accept charity..... to find no one to provide or fight for my basic human rights.....to not be able to take my dog to the vet after she gets hit by a car....to find a job doing hard labor only to be cheated out of my wages by a greedy foreman....to pay for my meals by collecting scrap metal....to eat out of a garbage can when no scrap metal is found.....to have no one ask me my name....to keep my guard up all the time.....to sleep in fear of being robbed or beaten or freezing to death....to watch my comrades succumb to drugs and alcohol.....to watch myself succumb to drugs and alcohol.....to be a kid who doesn't walk through a front door after school like all my friends do.....to be an object or an issue instead of a human being....TO BE HOMELESS IN A BIG CITY.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cam and Jen said...

I'm not sure what to write after such a poem. I really liked it; but was I supposed to like it? Sounds like your time on Capitol Hill has been really powerful and difficult. Thanks for reflecting on some of the issues with us.
Oh, we got your message- thanks for the call! We are going to be moving next tues so please pray for us- mostly for Josiah to transition well (Our packing and getting rid of stuff is already starting to freak him out).
Hey, another thought is if you want to be able be encouraged with how many people are checking your blog look at our blog and on the left hand side there is a map of the world showing when people check it out. It's free so click on it to get the link. It's really encouraging to us because over half the people who check out our site don't comment. It makes me feel more connected.
Alright, that's all for now,
jen

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home